Once there was a day, where I could not remember my nickname, so I signed up a second time and used the fact as my name: nick-vergessen (english: username forgotten). In order to avoid highlight problems in IRC and more, I use nickv as short version.
However my former university generated usernames based on the real names, which is why I sometimes end up with schilljs, like with my domain.
- Keybase: nickvergessen
- Twitter: nickvergessen
- GitHub: nickvergessen
- IRC (Freenode.net): nickvergessen
- PHP (10+ years)
- Basic knowledge: frontend (HTML, CSS, JS), python, ada, java
Senior Software-Engineer @ Nextcloud GmbH / Struktur AG
July 2016 - today
Developer @ phpBB
- Release manager: Sep 2013 - Nov 2016
- Developer: June 2009 - March 2015
- International Support Team Lead: Apr 2013 - Nov 2015
- Got involved in the project in 2006 and also hold several other positions in the time, until I left the project for my 10th birthday.
Software-Engineer @ ownCloud GmbH
Feb 2014 - Oct 2014 (Freelancer), Nov 2014 - June 2016 (fulltime)
Research Helper @ University of Stuttgart
May 2011 - Oct 2011 (Lab), Nov. 2011 - Sep 2012 (Research Helper)
While studying Computer Science at the university of stuttgart, I had to take part in a Software Lab, for which I joined the group around the eClaus, which is written in Java. My task was to understand the code base, improve its documentation and to fix some bugs. After the lab, I stayed in the team, and continued my work as a Research Helper.